Send us your cv:
Work with us
Carter Thomas Solicitors (www.carterthomas.co.uk) is a leading UK immigration law firm listed in both The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
We act for businesses, education providers and individuals requiring advice on an exciting range of immigration law issues. We offer the full spectrum of immigration services from sponsor licence applications, maintenance and suspension/revocation/civil penalty defence work, to preparing applications for leave to enter or remain such as Tier 1 (Entrepreneur/Investor/Exceptional Talent), Tier 2, ILR, Appendix FM applications, EEA cases, naturalisation, administrative reviews, judicial reviews, etc.
We are a small firm committed to promoting equality of opportunities for all regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, or sexual orientation. We believe that the best results are achieved by bringing together talented people with complementary expertise and experiences and we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. To ensure that our commitment is never compromised, our values are supported by robust and regularly reviewed Equality and Diversity policies and procedures.
We have a vacancy for a legal coordinator /administrator, with career development opportunities to work in our head office in Sheffield.
Duties will include:
- ensuring the firm’s client and business development databases are kept fully up to date;
- providing support to the Finance Director to ensure the timely invoicing of client matters;
- liaising with third-party providers;
- undertaking a range of general office and administrative duties as needed including answering telephone calls promptly, efficiently and professionally, taking messages and arranging appointments as needed.
Essential skills and experience:
- educated to degree level;
- hard-working with excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills;
- excellent written and verbal communication;
- a good team player who can also work under own initiative;
- excellent IT skills including competent use of MS Office software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word); and
- a desire to learn and develop with a friendly approachable manner and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Salary: £14,500 – £16,000 based on experience
Start date: Immediate
Closing date: 31 January 2018
Job type: Full-time
Please provide a CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and reasons for applying for this role.
Solicitors and Caseworkers
We do not have any vacancies at present but welcome speculative applications and will hold them on file to review when a position arises.
Partners and Consultants
We are always interested to hear from experienced immigration experts who have their own client following and wish to become a partner or consultant. We treat all enquiries about joining us in strict confidence.