Send us your cv:
Work with us
Carter Thomas Solicitors is a leading UK immigration law firm listed in both The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
We act for businesses, education providers and individuals requiring advice on an exciting range of immigration law issues. We offer the full spectrum of immigration services from sponsor licence applications, maintenance and suspension/revocation/civil penalty defence work, to preparing applications for leave to enter or remain such as Tier 1 (Entrepreneur/Investor/Exceptional Talent), Tier 2, ILR, Appendix FM applications, EEA cases, naturalisation, administrative reviews, judicial reviews, etc.
We are a small firm committed to promoting equality of opportunities for all regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, or sexual orientation. We believe that the best results are achieved by bringing together talented people with complementary expertise and experiences and we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. To ensure that our commitment is never compromised, our values are supported by robust and regularly reviewed Equality and Diversity policies and procedures.
Successful candidates will join our dynamic team based in the modern and vibrant Electric Works building right in the heart of Sheffield’s city centre.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Solicitor in our Sheffield office.
Duties will include:
- providing legal support as required on client cases;
- organisation and tracking of client cases and files and maintaining information on relevant expiry dates (visa deadlines, sponsor licence renewals, etc.);
- proof reading and checking documents for accuracy;
- undertaking technical and practical legal research including identification, collation, and distribution of information;
- assisting with the preparation of presentations, client updates and other business development activities and helping to promote the firm generally;
- obtaining accurate initial information from potential clients; and
- assisting with a range of general office and administrative duties as needed.
Essential skills and experience:
- LPC and at least a 2:1 degree;
- excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail and strong organisational skills;
- excellent IT and research skills;
- a team player who can also work under own initiative;
- a passion for immigration law and strong desire to dedicate the focus, effort and time needed to develop a career in this field; and
- experience working in a legal environment.
Applicants with limited relevant experience will need to complete a probationary period with us working as a Paralegal.
Start date: November 2019
Closing date for applications: 14 October 2019
Method of applying: please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide a detailed CV and a cover letter explaining your passion for law and, in particular, the field of immigration law.
Thank you in advance for your application. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to reply to every applicant. If you are successfully short-listed for an interview, you will hear from us by 20 October 2019.
Caseworkers, Solicitors, Partners and Consultants
We are always interested to hear from experienced immigration experts who are looking for a new opportunity. We treat all enquiries about joining us in strict confidence.