Email applications to:
Work with us
Carter Thomas Solicitors is a leading UK immigration law firm listed in both The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. The firm has also appeared in the Times Best Law Firms.
We act for businesses, education providers and individuals requiring advice on an exciting range of immigration law issues. We offer the full spectrum of immigration services from sponsor licence applications, maintenance and suspension/revocation/civil penalty defence work, to preparing applications for leave to enter or remain such as Investor, Global Talent, Skilled Worker, ILR, Appendix FM applications, naturalisation, administrative reviews, judicial reviews, etc.
We are a boutique firm committed to promoting equality of opportunities for all regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, or sexual orientation. We believe that the best results are achieved by bringing together talented people with complementary expertise and experiences and we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. To ensure that our commitment is never compromised, our values are supported by robust and regularly reviewed Equality and Diversity policies and procedures.
We have a vacancy for an immigration solicitor or caseworker.
The successful candidate will join our dynamic team working either remotely or from our head office located in the modern and vibrant Electric Works building in the heart of Sheffield’s city centre.
Duties will include:
- providing immigration law advice to clients;
- organisation and tracking of client cases such as ensuring information on relevant expiry dates (visa deadlines, sponsor licence renewals, etc.) is recorded;
- engaging in business development activities (presentations and webinars, legal writing, client updates and other activities as needed);
- undertaking technical and practical legal research including identification, collation, and distribution of information;
- dealing with potential clients; and
- other duties as needed that are relevant to the role.
Essential skills and experience:
- at least one year’s experience advising clients on immigration law matters;
- excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail and organisational skills;
- excellent IT and research skills;
- a team player who can also work under own initiative;
- a passion for immigration law.
If you are already an established immigration caseworker (OISC regulated or working under the supervision of a solicitor) and are also considering becoming a solicitor in the future under the new SQE regime (https://www.sqe.sra.org.uk/about-sqe), we are able to offer qualifying work experience.
Start date: ASAP
Application to be submitted by: ASAP
Salary: based on experience
Method of applying: Please provide a detailed CV and a cover letter explaining your passion for law and, in particular, the field of immigration law. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Thank you in advance for your application. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to reply to every applicant. If you are successfully short-listed for an interview, you will hear from us within three weeks of applying.
Professionals with a client following
If you are an experienced immigration solicitor or caseworker with a strong following of clients and are looking for a new opportunity, please contact us to arrange a confidential discussion. No agents.