A host of new measures are being introduced in October and November that are likely to have a significant impact on Tier 4 sponsors.
Nichola Carter, Principal at Carter Thomas, and Peter Skillen, Immigration Compliance Manager at INTO University Partnerships, have been asked to present a half-day training session on behalf of Study UK on 12 November 2013.
The session is designed to bring Tier 4 sponsors up to speed on the new rules and will include practical information to help them adapt. Nichola will cover the legal issues, while Peter will consider the practical issues from an education provider’s perspective.
The session will include:
- all the latest changes to Tier 4 rules and policy
- credibility interviews: keeping refusal rates down and other tips
- visitors: the new 30 days rule for business and general visitors, avoiding student visitor refusals, and the rules on child visitor study
- case law round-up: what have been the key triggers for enforcement action, how have the courts responded and what practical measures can you take to avoid litigation?
- the Immigration Bill and likely future developments.
The session is open to both Study UK’s members and also to non-members.
Study UK is the official membership association for accredited independent providers for Further and Higher Education in the UK and provides a range of services to members. For information on booking a place at the seminar and on becoming a member of Study UK click here.