The Government has provided further details of the proposed EU Settlement Scheme requirements.
These are contained in a Statement of Intent published on 21 June 2018.
The Statement of Intent covers the following key topics:
- Who can apply under the EU Settlement Scheme?
- What requirements must be met for status to be granted under the scheme?
- How will a valid application under the scheme be made?
- How will the application process work?
- What family members will be eligible for the scheme?
- What will status under the EU Settlement Scheme provide?
Of particular note, the Statement confirms that there will be only three core criteria which applicants need to meet relating to their identity, eligibility and suitability.
Applicants will have until 30 June 2021 to make an application. The scheme is scheduled to be fully open by 30 March 2019 with a test phase taking place before then along with a staged roll-out.
The full Statement of Intent can be read here.
We will be covering the key elements in detail on our website in the coming weeks.