The Home Office regularly updates its guidance for Tier 2 sponsors throughout the year and July has seen a further update.
The latest changes relate primarily to the introduction of the newly launched Health and Care Visa, a sub-section of Tier 2.
There are no other significant changes, but we would strongly recommend that those with responsibility for compliance as a Tier 2 sponsor take a moment to read through the new guidance document. It is important to regularly review the key sponsor duties and check that the organisation is compliant.
Key points to consider:
- If a sponsored worker has left the organisation, has this been reported via the Sponsor Management System (‘SMS’)?
- Have any relevant changes regarding sponsored workers been reported via the SMS?
- Are work locations for sponsored workers up to date?
- Has UKVI been informed of any relevant changes to the organisation?
- Are key personnel up to date?
- Do you have a record of key expiry dates for the sponsor licence, and also the visas of sponsored workers?
- Are right to work checks being performed in accordance with government guidance?
You can find the up to date Sponsor Guidance here.
The Tier 2 Policy Guidance document, which provides information for applicants to follow has also been updated. This is available here.
How we can help
We have a range of services in place to assist sponsors, including compliance reviews, training and general advice.
Please contact us and one of our team will be able to discuss your requirements with you.